Diploma in Credit Union Management
This programme is designed to equip candidates with the skills required to effectively discharge the responsibilities of a Director, Committee Member and other high level decision makers in the Credit Union sector. The overall aim of this programme is to provide Credit Union leaders with the appropriate conceptual and methodological skills to enhance the social and economic welfare of their membership of their membership and to advance the cooperative movement in Trinidad and Tobago and the Caribbean through effective management and governance. The target group will comprise of Credit Union Board Members, Credit and Supervisory Committee Members, Loans Officers and Managers. This programme of study was developed in collaboration with the Trinidad and Tobago Credit Union Stabilisation Fund (TTCUSF).
This Diploma Programme has a duration of two (2) years. Participants completing all core courses will gain a total of fifteen (15) transfer credits to ROYTEC’s Associate of Science Degree in Management. Students must earn 40 credit hours with a minimum GPA of 1.5 to graduate with the Diploma in Credit Union Management.
- Core Course: Corporate Governance for Credit Unions
- Core Course: Introduction to Financial Accounting (Transfer credit to ROYTEC ACCT-0104)
- Core Course: Economics for Business (Transfer credit to ROYTEC MGMT-0107)
- Core Course: Human Resource Management (Transfer credit to ROYTEC HMGT-0109)
- Seminar: Marketing and Relationship Management
- Core Course: Fundamentals of Business Organizations
- Core Course: Fundamentals of Cost and Management Accounting (Transfer credit to ROYTEC ACCT-0207)
- Core Course: Credit Management 1
- Seminar: Strategic Management
- Core Course: Fundamentals of Financial Management for Credit Unions (Transfer credit to ROYTEC FINC-0202)
- Core Course: Auditing for Credit Unions
- Core Course: Practicum
- Core Course: Credit Union Risk Management
- Core Course: Credit Management 11
Five CXC passes, (General Proficiency) Grades I and II (Grade III accepted from June 1998 onwards) or five GCE O’ Level passes, Grades A, B and C (or equivalent) including English Language and Mathematics;
A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a senior position at a Credit Union may also be considered on the basis of work experience and training as deemed relevant by the ROYTEC Admissions Committee. Participants may be subject to an interview.
Other qualifications and experience that may be considered by the Admissions Committee as
This Programme of Study is Recognised by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago.