All ROYTEC classrooms are equipped with computer systems , internet connectivity and multimedia projectors to enhance your classroom experience. Please be reminded that these facilities are intended for Lecturer use and may be used by students only in the presence of a designated course Lecturer.
Two teaching labs are located on the first and second floors respectively of the Henry Street, Port-of-Spain campus. One additional teaching lab is located at the South Campus at Naparima College, San Fernando. All teaching labs are equipped with modern computers and a high-speed internet connection.
The Henry Street campus also offers a general purpose Student Lab with internet access and low quality, low volume printing free of charge. Professional quality prints may be obtained at the Library for a fee. Unless otherwise stated, the Student Lab opening hours are as follows:
Mondays to Fridays
8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Where students require use of Labs beyond the official opening hours for school related work, students will be facilitated by completing a Lab Request Form from the front office. This form must be completed stating the date, time and reason for the use of the Lab, along with Names and ID numbers of the student/s making the request.
Network ports at the Henry Street venue are accessbile to students who wish to use personal laptops to access internet servies. Students can consult the Lab Assistant on duty in the Student Lab or a member of the IT Department located on the 2nd Floor for assistance in configuring their laptops for internet access.
- All internet usage is expected to follow a programme of study.
Student Lab Rules
- No food or drinks are allowed in the Labs.
- No unauthorised downloads are permitted, e.g. music, software, etc.
- No unauthorised hardware or software may be installed in the Labs.
- No games are allowed in the Labs.
- No group sessions are to be held in the Labs.
- No loud music is permitted in the Labs.
- Excessive noise will not be tolerated in the Labs.
- All internet usage is expected to follow a programme of study at ROYTEC.
- All data must be saved on personal media, e.g. USB flash drives as all data on Lab machines will be erased on restart.
- Workstations are to be left clean and tidy after use.
- All Applications are to be closed after use.
- No piece of equipment must be moved or tampered with.
- Any malfunction or damage to equipment must be reported to the IT Department immediately.
- Students are required to wear their Student ID cards at all times.
The Lab facilities are monitored and failure to adhere to Lab Rules constitute a breach in academic regulations.
Live@ROYTEC (E-mail services)
Official ROYTEC Communication such as academic notices, class resources, financial and scholarship information, student eNewsletter and development or employment opportunities are e-mailed to your live@ROYTEC e-mail account.
Please see the Online Services page for live@ROYTEC sign-in and instructions.
Students may access the internet from laptop computers through any available network port on the Ground Floor of the Henry Street, Port-of-Spain campus. Students are expected to walk with their own network cables. Web browser settings are as follows:
For further assistance in accessing the internet via laptop computers please check with a Student Assistant or member of staff of the IT Unit.